V4 Superchargers, add 350kW to the table

Harderwijk Netherlands has the first V4 superchargers which are capable to 350kW according to

@MarcoRPTesla
(https://twitter.com/MarcoRPTesla)

Got some “new” information about V4 confirmed yesterday: 1- As speculated, the CCS adapter will be built into the charger frame 2- V4 will be capable of a 350kW output per stall in ~ 1 year.

Therefore isn’t 350kW to be added to the table?

https://twitter.com/electricfelix/status/1677353177044201472

Another V4 opened in France Riom.
None in North America?
How will supercharge.info distinguish this new concept?

Another V4 under construction in France, Chasse sud.
https://twitter.com/electricfelix/status/1678640011103596544

Option to add 350kW to the table?

V4 is also 250kW (max.260kW) at the moment

Where is your source for 350kW??

1 Like

@MarcoRPTesla
(https://twitter.com/MarcoRPTesla )

Got some “new” information about V4 confirmed yesterday: 1- As speculated, the CCS adapter will be built into the charger frame 2- V4 will be capable of a 350kW output per stall in ~ 1 year.

Same issue is with combined supercharger locations with both 150 and 250kW stalls. See Tesla.com.

Is there a way to distinguish the several supercharge stalls in a better way?

“Is there a way to distinguish the several supercharge stalls in a better way?”

We are working on solutions for getting this done.

Regarding calling them 350s I don’t think we have any proof they can charge those speeds. There are so many unknowns, so for now they have been set as what tesla rates them as at 250.
The type of stall for each site will be displayed in the coming months.

2 Likes

I know several people who charged at the v4 location in the Netherlands and did not see speeds above 250.

So even if the intel is correct we’re still talking about a year. And a Tesla year can be …

• … long
  • … very long
  • … extremely long

0 voters

https://twitter.com/i/status/1678961988695916549

Status V4 in France.

Is there a way to distinguish the several different type of supercharge stalls in a better way?

Same issue is with combined supercharger locations with both 150kW and 250kW stalls. See Tesla.com .

V4 apparantly still 250kW. According to Rovastar “the type of stall for each site will be displayed in the coming months”.

THAT’S GOOD NEWS!!

https://twitter.com/TeslaOwnersUK/status/1679849541384765441?t=z15OpLpu1i-TXeVwXku8lw&s=08

Exclusive: We can reveal a new Tesla V4 Supercharger with contactless bank card area and space for a screen! Global debut at

@fosgoodwood

, never been shown before! Nice work

@TeslaCharging

Yeah noticed this earlier. I did wonder why Tesla UK owners group were so pro the UK government charging legislation where to get funding for new locations they insist on contactless payments.
(After they practically begged Tesla to help out and open up the superchargers to the public last year)

Maybe long term it would work brilliantly but with the news of NACS supercharger integration in the US for the cars I’m expecting (just about) all manufacturers to have an automatic plugin and Bill your account in the car just like tesla. If that is the case then in future there will be much less need for payment options at the station.

350kW confirmed for UK Swindon and payment screen.

The supercharge.info kW field is a simple text box that editors can use to enter any numeric value. Once 350kW Superchargers begin appearing we’ll be able to add those without any changes to the site or backend.

Thanks corywright.

See also (Tesla finally confirms Supercharger V4 has 350 kW output | Electrek)

Would you start adding 350kW to the table since there are already four V4 locations opened in Europe?

Netherlands: Harderwijk
France: Riom and Chasse Sud
Austria: Graz

Could you provide screenshots from the in-car navigation or the Tesla app that displays those locations offering 350kW?

Until we have proof that Tesla has enabled 350kW we shouldn’t display that as an option for locations.

5 Likes

For the record, the ones I can see in my app are showing as 250 kW for me:

I remember when the Harderwijk site was installed, there were observations that the cabinets were identical to existing V3 sites.

It’s quite likely that Tesla is installing the new stall hardware on both V3 and V4 sites.

4 Likes

Ok, let’s wait and see for the official launch.
Looks like Tesla is ramping up the roll-out in Europe. Hopefully soon in the other regions as well.

Still good to be able to identify the different type of stalls where according to Rovastar “The type of stall for each site will be displayed in the coming months.” Harderwijk stall is V4, cabinets not sure.

3 Likes

Since Tesla has been opening up the Supercharger network to other car brands, a growing amount of cars with 800 volts charging capability uses the Tesla Superchargers. For example: Hyundai, Kia EV’s as well as Porsche, Audi GT, BYD and XPeng cars. Those cars all have an 800v pack and I see more of those on the road every day. Automakers are increasingly switching to 800v or higher packs, even Tesla with its upcoming Cybertruck.

Charging with such car at a v3 (or older) 400v Tesla Supercharger, provides only a slow charging experience to those cars. Often well under 100 kW.

The v4 Tesla superchargers are able to provide up to 1000v charging output.
It will be a huge improvement for all those 800v cars to use a v4 Supercharger.

Would supercharge.info be able to add a filter on voltage? (400v / 800+v ).
It is a better differentiator than kW, since kW performance depends on the voltage levels of the car and charger.

Adding a voltage filter to the filter function will greatly help all 800v car drivers and attract many new visitors to this website.

At the moment all V4 sites will deliver 400V of power since the stalls are rated for 1000V but as far as we know all deployed V4 sites are all connected to V3 cabinets. So unless Tesla reconfigures the power electronics in the cabinets all superchargers will be 400V, regardless if it is V2/V3/V4.
Besides that the eGMP cars can use their powertrain converter to up power from 400V chargers internally to 800V. If Tesla and Hyundai/Kia agree on solving the communication problem users will experience less of a problem at 400V sites.
(Maybe the rated amperage is even more important)

1 Like

Thank you for looking into my 400v/800v filter suggestion.
Please be informed that the eGMP platform incompatibility with Tesla 400v Superchargers is not a communication problem, but a physical limitation of the eGMP platform.

The platform uses the Drive motor to convert voltage from 400v to 800v, which limits the amperage, resulting in slow 46 kW power when using a Supercharger.
Read more about that here.
https://www.hyundai.news/eu/articles/press-releases/how-hyundais-e-mp-reinvents-ev-customers-journeys.html

Since max amperage is a result of max voltage levels, voltage will be an appropriate filter on supercharge.info as soon as real v4 Superchargers become available.