Supercharger - Sallent, Spain

EPISODE 3. Perspectives…

This is how the whole thing looks from a position next to the big solar canopy, you can see the building site of another supposed charging station with an undisclosed number of stalls, both power sheds, the yellowish one (the older) was supposed to power the Tesla Superchargere (conjecture) while the white one (the newest) which (by the way) seems to have a set of batteries at the back, will power the other charging stations which are just in front of me, next to the solar canopy:

Here, another panoramic view from the opposite side of the construction site of the other chargers:

In this picture, taken from behind the power sheds, you can see what I think is a set of batteries next to the newer power shed:

I hope you enjoy the report.

Thank you very much for your patience.

1 Like

Final words:

What a setback!!! another abandoned construction :worried:

The location of this SuC is highly convenient, it’s on the way from Andorra to Barcelona and (if finally opens one day) does not require to enter any city (unlike the one of Seu d’Urgell), it has an extremely easy access from and to the motorway. It is also very conveniently situated for all the traffic along C25, known as the Catalonia’s transversal axle that spans from Girona to Cervera conveniently connecting intersections of motorway A-II in order to avoid Barcelona surroundings quite far from it, so all traffic moving from Girona to Lleida, Zaragoza and Madrid has a much shorter way to go.

In short, Sallent SuC location is really strategic.

If it does enter into service I guess it will be a busy location.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the update @Toni_Wan_Kenobi
Hope both (this one and Badalona) re-start constructions and are built, as money was invested and they’re both stopped for more than a year.
Reckoning if it has something to do with the Generatitat, as these stopped SuCs are mostly in Catatuña.

Keep us updated please.

Thanks

2 Likes

Don’t think so, a few months ago, in one of my visits to Badalona SuC construction site, I met an engineer who told me they were facing “a mountain of bureaucratic rubbish” from the electricity provider company (e-distribuición / Endesa) which (by chance) runs an EV chargers network (as you know) and which has its HQ in Madrid, well away from Catalunya…
As far as the Sallent SuC construction is concerned, I have absolutely no clue of what is going on.
Besides that, remember the the case of the Mallorca SuC which construction was finished and then it took months before it went into service… the Generalitat de Catalunya had nothing to do with this as well as many other SuCs around Spain which suffered delays in their construction and/or in their entry into service.

3 Likes

Thanks for making it clear.

As far as those two chargers were in the same autonomous community, I thought there could be some connection.

It sounds really normal to me that the Endesa is putting some trouble to activate chargers from other companies (In Castilla y León, that happens with Iberdrola).

Hope everything gets solved soon.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I have some great news to share. I’ve just spoken with the hotel owner and they’ve resolved the issue with Endesa. This means we can expect Ionity chargers to be available before the end of this year. As for Tesla charging points, they are likely to be installed by the first quarter of 2024, probably around February.

The owner mentioned there’s a chance these could be the latest V4 chargers, though it’s not confirmed yet.

5 Likes

Many, many thanks for the update. The confirmation of my thoughts about ENDESA making it difficult for everybody makes me (somehow) happy, I always said that industrial groups having to do with production, distribution and/or commercialization of electric energy, should be banned from the EV recharging business, those companies (electric power related companies) use (in Spain) to play dirty as they have the power to slow down and even completely “paralyze” other companies fair EV charging business.

Gràcies Marc, salut!!

4 Likes

Many thanks for the information @marcpujol !

The news are dated September the 8th 2022!!! (Unfortunately)
The works were abandoned just after breaking ground.
Hope that user marcpujol is right in his last post and we can soon enjoy this SuC.

Following great Marc’s info. I received this picture a few days ago from a catalan Tesla Owners group. They are working now!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Very good news !!!
Thank you very much for sharing it !!!

1 Like

Some stalls are already installed!

3 Likes

A BIG THANK YOU MARC!!!
This is great news!!!
Hopefully we’ll see it operating soon, the location (as said quite a few times) is very strategic, an important crossroads in the heard of Catalunya.

Great news that the supercharger will (hopefullly) come online soon! It looks like they’re only V3 and not V4, which is a bit of a shame.

New pics shared by a user of Club Tesla Spain:

I was wrong. These are definitely V4 superchargers!

Yes they are!

1 Like

More pictures shared in Club Tesla Spain forum by a user:

Looks like only some approvals and / or the connection to the grid is pending.

Hope this SuC opens before summer.

Thank you guys, I missed this charger many times on my trips to that part of the Pyrenees. Any update? it’s going to be key. Tesla has to build a lot more charges to serve Barcelona Metro, I thing that we are the most abandoned metro in Europe by share of cars.