forum.supercharge.info

Request: New Markers to Specify 72 kW (Urban), 150 kW (V2), or 250 kW (V3) Superchargers

It would be helpful to have different colored markers on the map to denote whether a supercharger is:

1. 72 kW (urban stall charge rate)
  2. 150 kW (updated V2 charge rate as of firmware 2019.12.1)
  3. 250 kW (V3 charge rate)
5 Likes

YES, yes, yes Love this idea. I’m really curious to see the V3 and might as well label the Urban’s too. GREAT suggestion. I even made a thread on TMC asking about the status of V3’s.

1 Like

Yes - BUT - what about those odd ones with a different capacity? Like 63kW? If there are not too many varieties this can be doable.

I have not personally seen a 63 kW supercharger, but I think the odd ones could just be labeled the same as the those with the nearest charge rate. A 63 kW charger, should be labeled as an urban charger, for example. Markers could be color-coded as follows, based on a range of charging rates:

Light Brown: 2.8 - 19.2 kW (Destination charger)
Light Green: 60 - 80 kW (Urban, typically 72 kW)
Med Green: 90 - 150 kW (V2, typically 150 kW)
Dark Green: 250+ kW (V3, typically 250 kW)

Yes we need this data.

The new Las Vegas super charger station has 22 V3 @250watt but it also has 15 72watt urban chargers

No. It doesn’t. It has 24 250kw SCs and 15 Tesla HPWCs.

1 Like

Are you just correcting the type of charger I mentioned or are you making the statement because they are high power wall chargers they do not count?

I think all Tesla installed chargers count and more detailed information regarding the type of power available is also useful.

Case in point I am trying to model the cost of individual stations and if more then one power levels is available at a site it completely throws off all estimates.

HPWCs aren’t Superchargers. HPWCs go from 6 to 18 kW, Superchargers go from 72 to 250 kw

2 Likes

With those numbers, 15 HPWCs combined will probably never exceed 250kW draw, so they can be safely ignored so far as power load calculations go.