No permit given yet

Whoever added Lillehammer Strandtorget Norway and Reine Norway today has jumped the gun. In the Norwegian forum I posted today I have written that Tesla has applied for a permit, but no permit is given yet.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. Don’t know who added it but I think they’re going on the premise that it will be approved

2 Likes

I don’t know if the standard for Norwegian (or European) sites is the same as for North American ones, but I know that SC.info often lists US sites before a real building permit has been issued. The blue “permit” dots are really more “in development” dots, than literal permit dots. So long as there is an exact known location/address and they know the supercharger is in development for that location, they’ll list it.

1 Like

Agree with @MrPlugShare and @mociaf9 here - “permit” is more of a North American term that doesn’t really mean the exact same thing in other countries. We use it to indicate a supercharger where the location is known and verified but is pre-construction.

I added these - and the permits are in process but not yet approved. As stated above this is enough as we see an exact location and stall count. If it is not approved at first then Tesla might change some details and try again. If they give up and the blue dot stays for a long time with no further action - or if info from the permit process indicates a final denial we will remove the blue dot. I think we have removed a handful of blue dots from supercharge.info over all these years…

2 Likes

Didn’t want to create a new thread, but seeing as it is about this supercharger, thought I would place it here.

Reine, Norway.

It is up as permit, 6 stalls, at “Ytre Havn”.

Tesla have now applied for a temporary 4 stall location in the same town, but slightly different placement. This temporary location might be there until 2024, as Tesla will not pay for the electrical upgrades at the desired location unless someone else comes to share the cost. There is one other known tenant that has indicated they will come in 2024, so temporary Tesla charger might be up until then.

Not sure what the best way forward is, another blue permit dot, or a change in the current one, seeing as both permits for the two locations are still valid, but the two chargers will never be both operational at the same time.

Provided a link, but source is in Norwegian.

https://elbilforum.no/index.php?topic=7959.msg980523#msg980523

In my opinion, we would want to add a second permit location. Sometimes superchargers go away, and sometimes superchargers really are in planning or construction for 2+ years before they move forward. They’re both still accurate pieces of information. We don’t have a way to indicate a temporary supercharger, nor is that very useful information. We would just mark it as permanently closed once a site is shut down/removed.

What you’re describing sounds awfully similar to the 2 superchargers at the Nurburgring less than a kilometer apart and one being temporary. It is still up even after the permanent one was installed. Palette Supercharger at Nürburgring, Germany

2 Likes