Superchargers China

Am I messing things up by entering dups? I see you found a couple I entered are duplicates.

Is it easier to enter dups and then remove them, or is it better not to enter dups?

I think it’s easier not to enter them. The old entries have correct opening dates, etc. on then, so it’s better to update the old one otherwise we lose that info. (Also, only @keith can delete the dupe entries)

It is tricky trying to identify them though. The names aren’t always identical. I got the lat/long and search for that on the map first to see if there were any. As you can imagine, it’s a bit more time consuming… however I think it will only be an issue for the earlier number ranges.

A. cnsc80xx,81xx (~39) - @chuq [done]
B. cnsc82xx (~37) - @tes-s
C. cnsc89xx (~64) - @chuq [done]
D. cnsc9000-9050 (~50) - @tes-s
E. cnsc9051-9099 (~50)
F. cnsc9100-9150 (~50) - @chuq [done]
G. cnsc9151-9199 (~50) - @chuq [done]
H. cnsc9200-9250 (~50)
I. cnsc9251-9299 (~50)
J. cnsc9300-9355 (~55)
K. non-numeric (~22) - @chuq [done]

I managed to get quite a few done today. I notice it’s having a visible difference on the charts page!

It seems the stalls graph is measured differently - done by the date of entry, not the date of opening. I’ve never noticed this before, but I’m guessing it might have to do with measuring upgraded sites correctly. Otherwise e.g. Harris Ranch would be recorded as having 24 stalls when it opened in 2012, which would obviously be wrong. Just a guess.

At least the top graph will be smoothed out ever so slightly when the opening dates are backdated!

A few other observations:

• V3s are quite often in multiples of 3. A few 9 stall and 21 stall sites. I thought it might have been for some technical reason, but it could also be because of the Chinese superstition about the number 4!
  • In the “Admin > Comparison” tab, all Chinese sites report an error due to the Tesla database recording the country as “China Mainland”/“Hong Kong S.A.R., China”/“Macao S.A.R., China” and us as “China”. It would be nice if an exception could be put in place for this.
  • In the same part of the “Admin > Comparison” tab, it’s very common for the co-ordinates to differ by up to 1 km - maybe due to the map issue mentioned earlier in this thread - Superchargers China

Where I’ve accidentally entered a duplicate and then fixed it up later, I’ve kept the original entry (since it has the correct opening date) and edited the duplicate (to be deleted) with an asterisk at the end. @keith - are you able to delete all the entries ending in “China *” ? Doesn’t matter if not immediately - there may be some more I find later.

Great job done so far.

The stalls count is based on Tesla website while the # stations are based on Supercharger.info.
Have asked Keith in the past to reconcile supercharger.info with the official Tesla totals. The counting method should be the same.

A way to correct the total graph is to add a random missing 215 Chinese sites to 2020 with an opening date of 31-12-2020. Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work you all are doing.

Correction, at least 345 Chinese locations were missing in 2020. By adding opening date 31-12-2020 the graph will be corrected.

See https://twitter.com/ray4tesla

8 jan.
SuC Team completed 410 SuC stations & 720 destination charging stations covering 290 cities in
In Dec alone, 146 SuC stations w/ 1154 charging stalls were brought online in 74 cities. 2020 was a productive year for

@JayinShanghai 31 dec. 2020 Today @teslacn simultaneously brought 31 Tesla Supercharger Stations in China Live Today! Also the World Largest Station 72 Stall in SH! Mostly all of them were V3 Chargers.

28 dec. 2020](https://twitter.com/ray4tesla/status/1343630431019704320)
Tesla SuC Update: 9 SuC stations were brought online yesterday (6 V3 + 3 V2).
Over a week ago, SuC Team completed the 600th station.

Great work! Provided there is a “final version” on how to do the process I am ready to do a section next weekend. Too much other stuff to do before that. Also VERY cool to see the corridor forming towards Kazakstan. Perhaps one day we can drive from Europe to China! (Provided the Chinese will allow foreigners to drive in China - I understand it is very complicated to get permission). And of course - that a corridor over Russia opens.

I just went to start doing another batch, to find that the comparison tab is broken :frowning: This has happened before - https://forum.supercharge.info/t/comparison-tab-issues/196/5

However as luck would have it, I’m one of those people who never closes tabs, and I find the comparison list open in another window. So at least I can manually add entries for the time being :slight_smile: I just need to be careful not to click the link in the first column or else it takes me straight to the edit tab and then I’ve lost the list. It doesn’t take that much longer and it’s better than nothing!

A. cnsc80xx,81xx (~39) - @chuq [done]
B. cnsc82xx (~37) - @tes-s (@chuq [done])
C. cnsc89xx (~64) - @chuq [done]
D. cnsc9000-9050 (~50) - @tes-s [done]
E. cnsc9051-9099 (~50) - @chuq [done]
F. cnsc9100-9150 (~50) - @chuq [done]
G. cnsc9151-9199 (~50) - @chuq [done]
H. cnsc9200-9250 (~50) - @chuq [done]
I. cnsc9251-9299 (~50) - @chuq [done]
J. cnsc9300-9355 (~55) - @chuq [done]
K. non-numeric (~22) - @chuq [done]

Right! That should be all of them. Once I got started, I just kept on going. I figured my browser or laptop might freeze or crash at any time, I have no idea how busy keith is or if it gets a chance how easy it will be to fix, so figured I might as well just keep doing more. It was a rainy sunday afternoon here so might as well make the most of it :slight_smile:

Rest time!

3 Likes

Applause!!!

Fantastic work, @chuq!

Sorry I didn’t have time to sit down and work on some of these before you finished it all.

Congrats on finishing this guys! I’ve been AWOL due to finding a new job and relocating but it’s good to see this taken care of promptly!

Looks like Tesla is updating the China locations on Baidu but not on our feed. I hate the interface and I don’t understand Chinese so I dont know if we can update them???

It looks like China has over 840 Supercharger locations now (+52 compared to Supercharger.info) of which one recently opened in Lhasa: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-china-solar-supercharger-tibet-lhasa/
Not sure if a good solution was found to add new sites from time to time.

I haven’t been following it closely, but I think Tesla has been somewhat inconsistent with updating the existing feed. Our best bet may be to simply watch @TeslaCharging and add China Superchargers as they show up there.

@Chuq has done the most work on tracking the China locations though, he may have a better answer.

I just thought I would update this thread.

Since the last lot of activity there have been many more SC in China. I have been slowly adding them over the past week or so. The tesla.cn site is the most up to date info and I have been added the info from their API feed to get up to speed. There are several hundred more that need to be added from the backlog from last time.

As they changed the way the number the locationID for each SC from just words to CNSC they have been adding new ones sequentially so these are added a new supercharger. So at least there is a sensible way to track when new ones are open (as denoted by tesla.cn as it is nearly impossible to get the 10 or so they add a week from crowd sourced sources over there)

If they are in service centre and stores they will have a “named” locationID (never ending in supercharger) etc) but I when through the Chinese site and looked at all of these and updated these. Unclear how to track all of these newer ones when they open but hopefully they will not be too many.

There is still an issue with some duplicates in the list but at some point I can go through the named list and if they still are not there (not have a cnsc number) I think think they should be zapped.

@chuq you mentioned above about the 72 stall SC in Shanghai.
Tesla.cn has these as 2 separate sites as they are different floors and locations of huge underground parking (nearly all Chinese SC are in underground parking) they are:
Shanghai - Jing’an International Center Phase I (cnsc9085)
52 stalls (Area D, Floor Basement 3)
and
Shanghai - Jing’an International Center Phase II (cnsc9680)
20 stalls (Area C, Floor Basement 1)

2 Likes

@Rovastar, John, sorry if I missed it, but where do you get the GPS coordinates for the Chinese locations?

I just noticed that the dot for the one in Heihe (ID 5480, cnsc9946) was on the wrong side of the river (in Blagoveshchensk, Russia). I used Baidu Maps to find the correct location.

I normally use the Google ones as that map back better I found. Looks like not in this case. Good catch. About 200 or so sites to go.

2 Likes

Just an update. This is now been completed so we are up to date with the China superchargers

In the past month added probably 600 or so, updated dozens more and deleted a whole bunch of old ones that have closed down.

2 Likes