Superchargers China

I think we just need to make sure there aren’t any exceptions (e.g. existing sites as listed above) and then ensure we have a consistent process. The the editors need to plod through them. There are ~5 active editors, 500 sites, that’s 100 each… do 20 a day we could get through them in a week? Or if it takes longer, it takes longer… not much we can do about it.

I’m happy to help out. How should we divvy them up?

Looking at the list they appear to be in order of cnsc number so that might be an easy way of doing it. They range from 80xx through 93xx (not all ranges are the full 100 profiles, 80xx, 81xx, 82xx only seem to have ~20 each, then the others start from 89xx) Perhaps we nominate blocks here. Then when that block is done come back and see what others have chosen, then select another one if needed?

As for the process how does this look, have I missed anything?

Final step would be to click on the Change Log entry and remove the entry for the new record. It might be annoying doing this after every new entry, might be easier to go and do it after every 10-20 new entries.

Note: The new entries will probably still appear in the RSS feed, and the superchargefeed twitter account. Can’t really be avoided, does anyone think it would be a problem?

Perhaps before starting, notify people via the TMC China superchargers thread, and also via twitter?

Edit: Have let TMC know here - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5288327/

Oh, and are we backdating to 22/01/2021? (before possibly backdating further by going back to old announcements?)

I can help. I need a cheat sheet on the process though so I don’t screw it up. I think I got it from @chuq 's post above.

I sort of know… go to the comparision tab, click the link on the supercharger which prefills the add screen.

I’m unclear on what our name should be - same as Tesla, but remove “Supercharging Station of” or “Supercharging Station” and add “, China” to the end? Remove “(New National Standard)” from description or leave it in?

Clear hours unless 24/7
Lookup the elevation.
Change the “open” date to ?.
Fix street
Set country to China.
Power to 150, 250 if V3 in description.
Click “save” to add it.
Wash, rinse, repeat
When finished with a bunch, go to the “changes” tab and “delete” the ones just added.

Naming examples - do these seem right? (Tesla name, then our name)
Supercharging Station of Zhuozhan Times Department Store (New National Standard)
Zhuozhan - Times Department Store, China

Guangzhou South China Automobile Trade City Supercharging Station (New National Standard)
Guangzhou - South China Automobile Trade City, China

Final step would be to click on the Change Log entry and remove the entry for the new record. It might be annoying doing this after every new entry, might be easier to go and do it after every 10-20 new entries.

Note: The new entries will probably still appear in the RSS feed, and the superchargefeed twitter account. Can’t really be avoided, does anyone think it would be a problem?

I’m not certain, but I think if entries are removed from Changelog soon enough then they don’t get sent out to the superchargefeed Twitter account. I mistakenly added a duplicate entry last month, but I realized it immediately, deleted it from the changelog, and it never appeared on the Twitter feed. If this is the case then its probably best to immediately remove entries from the changelog after adding them, instead of waiting until the end and deleting in batch.

@tes-s - yes those formats are exactly what I’m thinking!

Ahh, in that case perhaps keep a separate tab open with the changelog window? So that it’s not much of an issue to flick back and forth between the two.

So far as what opening date, we can either make it 2021-01-22 (the day they were added to the feed) or leave it as the default (the day we add the entry). We don’t actually have the opening date info for most so both are equally inaccurate, but not having to change the date saves a lot of time! I’m guessing after adding them all we can go back and retrospectively change opening dates for some when they are known (i.e. Tesla made an announcement about opening 30 in one day, we can find that announcement, translate the names and back-date those 30) Thoughts?

I’m ready to start some mundane work. Give me a range of 100 and I’ll get on it.
I’ll keep a separate change log window open and delete right away.

Same here.

Maybe any editor who wants to help can pick a block of 50 and announce here that they are about to start on it, to prevent working on overlapping blocks. I’d guess 50 would be about an hours worth of work (after data cleanup and verifying coordinates), so that’s about all I’d want to take on at once before committing to the next block. Others can look at this thread to see which block was last marked as in-progress, and choose the next one.

@chuq - Since you’ve been coordinating this so far, I’ll wait for you to give the go-ahead.

1 Like

Hi guys, sorry I’ve been pretty much offline the last day or two. Don’t need to wait for me though!

Perhaps start with the ones with the non-numeric identifiers (look like they are mainly service centres and/or experience stores) if you want to do one or two at a time to verify the process.

I’ll be back online in a few hours to group the others into blocks.

OK I’ve split them into groups. If you want to start on one, just nominate a letter. Don’t need to do the entire block at once, but finish it off before starting any others. Reply here with the letter of the block you’re doing and I’ll try to edit this post.

Guessing we’re going with the opening date of 2021-01-22 (the date they all appeared?)

I’ll start with A myself!

A. cnsc80xx,81xx (~39) - @chuq
B. cnsc82xx (~37)
C. cnsc89xx (~64)
D. cnsc9000-9050 (~50)
E. cnsc9051-9099 (~50)
F. cnsc9100-9150 (~50)
G. cnsc9151-9199 (~50)
H. cnsc9200-9250 (~50)
I. cnsc9251-9299 (~50)
J. cnsc9300-9355 (~55)
K. non-numeric (~22)

2 Likes

First issue I’ve found… when I entered “Xuzhou - New Century Grant Hotel, China” - I was told it was a duplicate. Some of these locations are already in the list but with a different Tesla location id field. As it happens, I had chosen the exact same “Name” field as the existing entry.

All I had to do was copy the cnscxxxx id to the existing entry.

I found that there were a couple of entries where the name field was slightly different and I accidentally created a duplicate. Pic below shows ones to delete.

Maybe it is worth doing a Ctrl-F on the city or site name just to make sure it isn’t already in the list first? An extra step, unfortunately, but it saves adding a new entry.

Update:

And some more… damn, made a bit of a mess of this.

Perhaps before actually adding new ones… add a new step. On the comparisons page, go through the last table “common sites with field matches” and do a Ctrl-F for your prefix (in my case, cnsc80) and find any existing sites that just need an id change.

I think doing this first will actually speed up the whole process as you can eliminate a large number from your list.

Update again:

Done all of block A… however… even though I did the search for cnsc80 in the “common sites” table. I went and checked afterwards and found it hadn’t detected all of the matching names.

It’s 1:05am here, so I’m going to stop looking at it and go to bed, but will review tomorrow evening probably.

Note, I’m guessing the 80, 81, 82 ones are all like this - and the 89 and 9x ones are more consistent… just a guess though.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks @chuq! I haven’t been able to spend time on this the past few days either, but will try to work on it some this weekend.

Maybe post 13 this would help? I paired all of the closest sites to what we have: Superchargers China

You just search the new Tesla ID in this thread, then it should be paired with the ID of a site if it exists already, and check if that information needs to be updated instead of a new site created. If I can streamline it with additional information, let me know.

The alternative is to go through the list of matching sites and take care of those first (make sure the information is matching and then make updates accordingly).

2 Likes

B. cnsc82xx (~37)
C. cnsc89xx (~64)
D. cnsc9000-9050 (~50) - @tes-s
E. cnsc9051-9099 (~50)
F. cnsc9100-9150 (~50)
G. cnsc9151-9199 (~50)
H. cnsc9200-9250 (~50)
I. cnsc9251-9299 (~50)
J. cnsc9300-9355 (~55)
K. non-numeric (~22)

You’re spot on Pluto… sorry, I should have been more thorough in checking! :-/ I think the suggesting in my update was just a slower way of doing the same thing. I might have to go through my list again and re-check.

Would a two-step process work for that? Add them all, and then do the research and update the open date? Or would that be extra work?

My twitter skills and China geography are pretty poor.

B. cnsc82xx (~37) - @tes-s
C. cnsc89xx (~64)
D. cnsc9000-9050 (~50) - @tes-s
E. cnsc9051-9099 (~50)
F. cnsc9100-9150 (~50)
G. cnsc9151-9199 (~50)
H. cnsc9200-9250 (~50)
I. cnsc9251-9299 (~50)
J. cnsc9300-9355 (~55)
K. non-numeric (~22)

1 Like

Right, after real life getting in the way for a while, I got back to sorting out the section A one. This time I checked all the dupes first. Unfortunately that was most of them, so they weren’t listed in the counts I did above. There were way more than 39, probably closer to about 90 (in addition to the ones I did before).

It looks like the 82xx block might be the same too. I’ll have time to look further tomorrow!

1 Like