Supercharger sites' data which need updating or contain errors

There are a few mistakes in the zip codes for Polish superchargers. For Radom and Lucmierz, the zip code is accidentally included in the street address, so those need to be removed there, and moved into the zip field
Radom: 26-616
Lucmierz: 95-100

For others, here are a few missing zipcodes:
Ciechocinek: 87-720
Kostomłoty: 55-311
Katowice: 40-265 ==> the long number that is in there now, doesn’t seem like a postal code.

4 Likes

These are fixed! It looks like the numbers for Katowice was a phone number.

2 Likes

I was looking at the data table for all United Kingdom Superchargers (prompted by a lot of activity by Tesla in recent weeks), & noticed the State column data is generally unused but the few UK entries are a bit random. If it’s possible to easily change multiple entries for a specific country it might be more useful to use the State column for UK locations to refer to England, Scotland, Wales or (when one opens there) Northern Ireland.

At present there are 11 locations in Scotland, 3 in Wales and all the rest are in England:

State -> Scotland:
Aberdeen
Abington
Aviemore
Dundee
Edinburgh
Eurocentral
Fort William
Glasgow
Gretna Green
Newbridge - Edinburgh
Perth

State -> Wales:
Cardiff (SC)
Flint
Sarn

State -> England for all other UK locations.

A second thought: a few of the UK place names differ significantly from Tesla’s scheme, these are my top picks [supercharge.info / Tesla]:

Bristol - M5, UK / Gordano, UK
Elveden, UK / Thetford, UK
Stoke-on-Trent Northbound, UK / Keele Northbound, UK
Stoke-on-Trent Southbound, UK / Keele Southbound, UK

Tesla aren’t very consistent with site naming and it sometimes even differs between their website and the in-car Nav but the ones above are quite different so aligning the names could avoid possible confusion.

1 Like

For your first suggestion, I support using the countries of the UK as the state field and I’d be willing to fill these in (thanks for listing these out). Does anyone else have concerns with this potential change?

I guess one possible issue is that to date, we’ve only filled in states/provinces consistently for geographically larger countries (Australia, Canada, China, Mexico and the US). If we were to do it for more countries, then it probably would become unsustainable at some point unless we use a tool to verify addresses.

Usually this isn’t free but considering we aren’t dealing with people’s address (we typically create 20-40 locations a month), it could be free given that melissa.com makes the first 100 location lookups each month free. They even have an API which could be integrated into the administrative side of supercharge.info. The hard part would be to test/tweak this functionality for each country and validate currently existing sites. If we left out the four countries where we have the state field populated, it would mean that we have 866 remaining addresses with a one-time cost of $27 (probably something that could be paid for by Patreon money).

1 Like

What about the county for the state? That’s what usually self populates on other sites when using sites that have an American layout etc

[2nd try - replying to the correct post]
I don’t really like counties because of unitary authorities in the UK, so for example I live in Aberdeen City which is distinct from (and not part of) Aberdeenshire and if I have to fill out an address form that asks for both town/city and county I usually put Aberdeen for both: my postal address doesn’t have a county/region. But that’s just a personal preference/prejudice.

The UK doesn’t have states of course so it’s probably most correct to leave the field blank (which is already the case for the majority of supercharge.info UK locations). I wouldn’t want it to be a headache to maintain but I think it would be interesting/fun to be able to filter the sites by country, especially as devolved governments have had some influence on the rollout of public EV charging infrastructure.

Amesbury, UK
Pictures of construction show 4 V3 charger cabinets and 2 rows of 8 stalls now built so 16 in total (initially quoted as 8-bay)

I’d also add an extra decimal place to nudge the marker into the carpark, 51.17710, -1.756400 looks about right.

Annotation 2020-08-31 122510

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is a new location or if it’s a change of a current location. In Aksdal Norway, the current location will close in March 2021. And the new location opened today. This is a V3 SuC with 16 stalls but it’s prepared for 32 stalles.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/tesla-stenger-supercharger-stasjon/498608

The new location is here: https://goo.gl/maps/aNJ9Jn93BMbhLLYPA

1 Like

New location. It is already on the map as “Aksdal Center - under construction”, but should be changed to “Open” and 16 stalls only.
I was the first person to charge there earlier this afternoon.

3 Likes

I have found some errors on the number of stalls for some Norwegian SuC versus Tesla web page.
I have verified the number of stalls using TezLabApp

Supercharge.info Tesla.com Delta
Gol West 24 16 -8
Arna 16 20 4
Åndalsnes 8 12 4
Nes i Ådal 12 20 8
Stjørdal 20 16 -4
Grong 8 12 4
Gol 12 8 -4
Lillehammer 14 10 -4

The name for Haukås, Norway is also wrong. The official name is Åsane. (ref Tesla web page)

3 Likes

And where does TezLabApp get the numbers from?
Can you compare our numbers against the number of stalls shown on the map inside a Tesla-Model S/X with CCS-Adaptor? Because that would be helpful. The Website is very unreliable. Actually there 2 websites with 2 different databases. The Tesla-Tripplaner site for example shows a Delta of +8 for Gol West:

Manchester-South Supercharger

The Manchester-South supercharger has just been upgraded to 8 supercharger stalls from 4, and the new ones are 250 KW

2 Likes

The King of Prussia, PA site should be removed. There was never actually a work permit for that location, the tag was just based on some comments from someone supposedly “in the know”. After 3 years, its obvious nothing is happening there for now.

1 Like

Lifton, UK. The extra two stalls went live about 2 weeks ago increasing the site total to 8 - reported on the UK Facebook owner’s group and also updated on Tesla’s listing (all V2 / dual cable / 150 kW).

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus/location/supercharger/liftonsupercharger

3 Likes

I have the data now confirmed in an e-mail from Ole Gudbrann Hempel, Regional Manager, Supercharging Nordics.

Gensingen, Germany has 14 stalls - that is wrong even on the map in the car. You can see me here charging at stall 7b (picture starts with 2a and you can see 12 chargers):

Aviemore, UK: 12 down to 4 stalls: 8 tombstones removed yesterday (16th September) with the remaining 4 left in place. Aviemore will remain as a (small) Supercharger site. There’s a picture of the bays from which the stalls have been removed in this post on TMC:

2 Likes

Supercharger Stjørdal in Norway only has 16 stalles, not 20.

3 Likes

That was already changed on supercharge.info about 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Inverness, UK.

The pin GPS location (57.481303, -4.226404) is close to the car park entrance on Rose Street although the precise position of the Supercharger within the car park is nearer to (57.481700, -4.225500) (see, e.g., https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5008462/).

At present only 4 stalls are live, with the other two in covers (6 are shown on supercharge.info). There has occasionally been a long delay before some UK sites have been fully commissioned although sites in the last year have all been sorted within a month or so of originally going live, so may be easier to leave this as 6.

IMG_0401

1 Like