Please add editable per-SuperCharger cost field

Please add an editable per-SuperCharger cost field, so Tesla SuperCharger customers can use this site to know the cost at each SuperCharger. It would be the electric version of GasBuddy. Since the price probably fluctuates in ranges, you should post a graph of the historical price plotted by price at time. Customers could make informed choices about whether to charge at their Destination Charger given its cost or the SuperCharger given its cost. Also, they could decide home vs. SuperCharger prices. It is required by law in most states to post fuel prices at fuel stations, so this is already public information; no need to ask Tesla if there’s permission.

4 Likes

In Europe the cost is set per country. I do not know if this is the same across the whole US or if it is different from state to state. The price does not fluctuate much. It is typically set with a long duration in mind and adjusted perhaps once per year. - And as some will add - the price does not apply if you are within your annual included quota or you are driving an older Tesla with “free supercharging for life” included.

If we should add this cost we should perhaps also add the per minute fee for being connected to a supercharger past reaching 100% (or is it "with enough % to reach your entered destination)? I think this cost is also set per country.

Perhaps implement this as fields on the country level with a similar set of fields on the state level. If no values set on state level then use values from country.

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this is something that I found missing as well. In the US, it’s quite different per state. For example, in Texas, it is $0.11 per minute on Tier 1 (below 60kW) and $0.22 per minute on Tier 2 (above 60kW). In other states, it’s higher and in some states, they charge per kW instead of per minute.

It would be fantastic for this site to have this information because it’s not readily available anywhere else online.

1 Like

What about on your Tesla map?

Where do you have access to your Tesla map online? There are several services pulling data from supercharge.info, namely abetterrouteplanner.com and they have inaccuracies computing route estimates because this data isn’t available.

1 Like

I’m surprised this topic hasn’t been visited since 1/19. Am I sure I want to continue this old conversation? YES…because the request obviously hasn’t been addressed as of 5/21! This data would be essentially helpful when planning trips as well as assessing Tesla’s supercharger pricing trends which have altered considerably just in the first few months of 2021. E.g. dual/tier pricing at many if not most supercharger locations.
I’m a patron for over 1 year. Please add this data if reasonably possible. Let me know if I can assist you.

1 Like

I’ve created a spreadsheet for crowdsourcing.

Hopefully someone will create something better, but here it is…
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QbM9XG3xTIYBjHfBAk1OTLSZKXZ7jdIV-nZv-2hsbJk/edit?usp=sharing

There are a few problems with including pricing:

1 - There are so many formats and variables - e.g. whether it is a time or energy based price, different tiers based on speed. Some also have off-peak etc. rates and also rates that vary for certain situations, e.g. holiday weekends in the US.

2 - It needs to be continually updated and monitored. Sometimes prices change without any announcement - not to the same rate across states or countries, but down to the station level. Since the price is only available from the in-car nav system, it means people need to be in their car to get the new rates.

Such data would be best included if it was synced direct from Tesla, but they don’t provide this (like the live stall count).

At the moment @corywright and I think @Pluto are the only editors who have coding experience and I believe there are a lot of other frequent requests in the queue, that don’t have as many obstacles as this one.

3 Likes

I notice that the app TezLab also tracks the cost to charge, they pull the total you paid divided by the number of min or kWs and use that to over time find the average cost to charge at that station. It would be nice if that info could be pulled into Supercharge.info. It would be even nicer if TezLab handled the TOU complications, especially difficult since they may have figured out that it’s 22¢/kWh from 11pm to 8am and then someone charges at 4am and they are charged 40¢ per. What does that mean for their average? Do they throw it away? Assume the price has gone up? Assume the TOU has changed? Over time this will straighten itself out. It might help if TezLab presented a display that looks JUST like the one in the Tesla that shows what TezLab thinks the pricing is so that the driver can confirm, deny, or edit the info to match what they see on the Tesla