Clarification on Supercharge Station Opening Dates

Hey guys… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am trying to track the opening dates for new Supercharger stations and have noticed that some of the dates listed on Supercharge.info don’t always match up with other sources. I understand that the site relies on community input and official announcements, but I am curious about how you all verify the dates.

For instance, do you prioritize the information from Tesla’s official communications, or is community-sourced data from local users usually more accurate? I’ve seen discrepancies between the dates listed on Supercharge.info and Tesla’s official map.

Additionally, if a station has been open for a few days but hasn’t been updated on the site, what’s the best way to report it? I want to ensure the information I’m sharing is as accurate as possible.

I also check this: https://forum.supercharge.info/t/supercharge-info-source-code-now-on-githuruby But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this?

Thanks in advance!

Respected community member! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Generally we base open dates when we get a report with some type of evidence that it is open like photo by a community member charging, or appearing in the in car nav,

Not sure what mean by Tesla official communication opened. The only time I see them announcing any is the Tesla charging X / Twitter account. That is often old news when they post about and miss out a lot as well.
I suppose Tesla’s find us page could be classed as official opening but sometimes those red dots are wrong - although a lot better in recent times and for places where we don’t have people on the ground like China are a good source.

If we are missing any open ones please let us know or any other things you think need correcting.

1 Like