Tusayan, AZ Superchargers

Hi folks, am new to the site. Was just driving through Tusayan, Arizona on the way back from Grand Canyon hike, out of the corner of my eye saw about 8-10 Superchargers under construction on the South side of “The Grand Hotel” in Tusayan. Have heard lots of discussion about getting Superchargers in National Parks. This one is just a few miles outside of the entrance to the South Rim, lots of folks stay in Tusayan and then enter the park. Just fyi, looked close to being done.

1 Like

Hey @Tesla1111, that sounds pretty awesome! I don’t suppose you got any photos or know anyone who could get some?

Thanks chuq, but sorry did not get photos. We were moving quickly in the morning so we could get back to work at 1:00… I can say they were all in position. I don’t know anyone that lives there, but I could call the hotel and see if I can talk them into sending me a photo, and I will promise to stay there and maybe get them some business! These were the larger super chargers, not the slimmer ones that I think are limited to 70 kw.
It will be a great location, elk often walking in the street, and don’t miss the iMax 30 min show on the grand canyon, and of course the canyon itself!

1 Like

No worries @Tesla1111, I have now added this. Normally I don’t without photos but it’s a bit out of the way and there probably aren’t going to be many people passing through in order to take pics!

Thanks @Chuq! It’s real. I called hotel Saturday and they knew what I was asking about but said to call back during the week to ask manager to take a pic. Will give them a call tomorrow while I have some driving time, see what I can get out of them. Odd it was not on the Tesla website either. Maybe a lot of pleasant surprises out there across the country!

2 Likes

Yeah, it was also recently confirmed on TMC and the thread has a bunch of pics in it from someone who was in the area.

2 Likes

Awesome, nice job both of you! and wow, a real heavy lifting supercharging site for a hotel. I think I am going to plan a stay at the hotel just as a “thank you”. Tusayan is kind of a fun little stop in itself. If you go to the canyon, make sure you at least walk a mile down and up (carry lots lots lots of water!) See you all Supercharging!