Supercharger - North Vancouver, BC - Canada

May 12, 2021 - Still No Juice. Even worse … crew was there digging something up, I guess the inspector didn’t like something. More delays !!

May 14, 2021 - Crew is gone, repair job looks to be done … but still no meter and no juice. So we wait a little longer.

i think this is a very unusual case - usually it doesn’t take this long… does it? do you happen to know what the crew worked on?

Unfortunately I’m not sure what they worked on, but it was minor as they were in and out in less than 2 days. It’s usual in construction to have picky inspectors. I was in Coquitlam yesterday and their chargers are also waiting to be juiced up. Two totally different municipalities, North Van started about 2-3 weeks earlier but both were “finished” about a week apart and they both have yet to be switched on. Both West Kelowna and Princeton also took 3-4 months to be turned on, so we’re about in that exact same ball park. It’ll be interesting to see when Cache Creek and Williams Lake will be turned on as they’re both pretty much done their construction phase. Tesla is proving to the world that they can build anything, anywhere and fast, but conventional people and industries, like Municipal bureaucracy and utilities, take way more time than Tesla’s people! It’s truly amazing what Tesla in all its aspects is able to do, truly amazing. I wish everything was done like in Tesla-world. Still the North Van and Coquitlam Superchargers are likely to be up in the next 2 weeks I suspect, by or around June 1st.

May 17, 2021 - Still no meter, no juice

May 20, 2021 - Still no meter, no juice

May 25, 2021 - Still no meter, no juice

1 Like

jeez, activate it already :joy:

May 28, 2021 - Still no meter, no juice

May 31, 2021 - We have some new progress today. BC Hydro has installed their meter. But no juice yet. Looks like one more inspection is required before they can pull the switch. Activation may be this week anytime.

3 Likes

thank god, lol
fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

June 1, 2021 - No juice yet … still waiting

June 2, 2021 - No juice yet … still waiting

June 3, 2021 - No juice yet … however a guy from Tesla was working on one of the transformers. The transformer is now humming and buzzing, so it looks like something is coming online. The guy told me that they’re aiming to be activated on Friday or Monday. I checked this evening again and it is not active yet. Coming Soon !!!

1 Like

June 4, 2021 - Might be switched on sometime today, Tesla tech was working onsite and the Tesla Level 2 Chargers are now activated and fully operational at 204 Volts / 40 Amps / 8 kwh. Perhaps tonight the Superchargers will be live !!

June 4, 2021 - 8 PM Update. It’s alive … 7 of the 8 Superchargers are alive and online. After 3 months almost to the day from when construction began. That’s the benchmark.

1 Like

Yes sir it is

3 Likes

In the car it said the station was open with 1 stall down. When we got there it was all down. Check Plug-Share to check for recent statuses

https://www.plugshare.com/location/323304

November 6, 2021 - Looks like Tesla is adding 4 more Supercharger stalls to the SUPER busy North Vancouver location.

2 Likes

1 Like