Request: New Markers to Specify 72 kW (Urban), 150 kW (V2), or 250 kW (V3) Superchargers

It would be helpful to have different colored markers on the map to denote whether a supercharger is:

1. 72 kW (urban stall charge rate)
  2. 150 kW (updated V2 charge rate as of firmware 2019.12.1)
  3. 250 kW (V3 charge rate)
15 Likes

YES, yes, yes Love this idea. I’m really curious to see the V3 and might as well label the Urban’s too. GREAT suggestion. I even made a thread on TMC asking about the status of V3’s.

1 Like

Yes - BUT - what about those odd ones with a different capacity? Like 63kW? If there are not too many varieties this can be doable.

I have not personally seen a 63 kW supercharger, but I think the odd ones could just be labeled the same as the those with the nearest charge rate. A 63 kW charger, should be labeled as an urban charger, for example. Markers could be color-coded as follows, based on a range of charging rates:

Light Brown: 2.8 - 19.2 kW (Destination charger)
Light Green: 60 - 80 kW (Urban, typically 72 kW)
Med Green: 90 - 150 kW (V2, typically 150 kW)
Dark Green: 250+ kW (V3, typically 250 kW)

1 Like

Yes we need this data.

The new Las Vegas super charger station has 22 V3 @250watt but it also has 15 72watt urban chargers

No. It doesn’t. It has 24 250kw SCs and 15 Tesla HPWCs.

2 Likes

Are you just correcting the type of charger I mentioned or are you making the statement because they are high power wall chargers they do not count?

I think all Tesla installed chargers count and more detailed information regarding the type of power available is also useful.

Case in point I am trying to model the cost of individual stations and if more then one power levels is available at a site it completely throws off all estimates.

HPWCs aren’t Superchargers. HPWCs go from 6 to 18 kW, Superchargers go from 72 to 250 kw

2 Likes

With those numbers, 15 HPWCs combined will probably never exceed 250kW draw, so they can be safely ignored so far as power load calculations go.

Just commenting to second this suggestion.

I came into the forum to suggest exactly this, only to find great minds think alike!

This is SUPERCHARGE.info, so I don’t know whether destination chargers need to appear. But I would LOVE if we had three distinct colors (or shapes if easier) for:

1. Urban (or any oddballs around that kW)
  2. V2 (120-150 kW)
  3. V3 (250 kW)

That would add an instant layer of meaning to the map, without having to drill down on each location.

3 Likes

You could use this app, which has different color features,
Purple is 250kW
Red is 120-150kW
Poo-brown is 72kW

Superchargers For Tesla

That helps in the meantime! :slight_smile:

I hacked this together today, though I am not a graphic artist, and I don’t know how accepting the community is to contributions… so let me know what makes sense.

Since bright green already is used to represent something, I chose to not change the existing red dot icon for an open/active Supercharger site.

Instead I added a newer red halo for V3 (250+ kW) sites, a gray halo border for Urban chargers, and kept the current red icon for the standard set. A white outline represents a site without curated data on the power level on this site.

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Thanks for the work. However, i dont think borders is very efficient for sorting out the different types of chargers. I was thinking of:

Dark red/Burgundy: V3-250
Red (existing pin): V2-150 (120)
Dark yellow: V2 Urban-72

And a pin for expansions, as well as one for half-half locations (with V2 and V3)

If you can share specific color codes you would prefer for those I’m happy to update the graphics.

How’s the raw data represented for half-and-half locations today?

image image image

There is no half half marker, but this is the closest thing i can find: the limited hours pin

Yellow: urban
Burgundy: 250
Existing red: 120

Would it be reasonable to use different sized dots? (I guess that could also be used to indicate number of stalls - if that is something we would want to show graphically)

Another brain dump I just had - perhaps have “simple” and “detailed” view options? Then those who want to see power levels, expansions, whatever else etc. can do so, without confusing everyone else?