About the Supercharger Updates category

Yes there is (check the link at the very end of this comment). Tesla’s map is not always that great a resource for future supercharger locations because it both lists some that will turn out to be years away from actually getting built AND it fails to list some that are already in construction. For locations like Willamsport, PA where Tesla’s map differs from Supercharge.info’s, you can always check SC.info’s source which can usually be found most easily by clicking on the “discuss” link in the flag that opens up when you click on the map icon of the site in question. Or by clicking on the “forum” link if you’re looking at the location in the Changes or Data tabs. Those will take you to the appropriate thread on the web forum where that supercharger is being discussed and where updates on progress, including pictures of the construction from locals, can be found. For North American superchargers, this is most often in one of the forum sections on TeslaMotorsClub.com.

In the specific case of Willamsport, PA the right thread is this one on TMC. I think the latest update on the progress of construction can be found at the end of page 3.

New under construction supercharger: Thornton, CO. Address is:
237 E 120th Ave, Thornton, CO 80233

A second reported construction site for Colorado:

Brighton, CO: 5112 E Bromley Ln, Brighton, CO 80603

Both these new locations were found from members of the Denver Tesla Club and reported on it’s forum.

El Cerrito, CA appears to have a new site going up. It was added to the FindUs map at the end of December and a friend found construction going on today, although no charger hardware on site yet:

New London, CT location is under construction. Drove by yesterday, hardware is on-site and area is blocked off. Located in the Chili’s parking lot at 369 N Frontage Rd, New London, CT 06320.

Spaces are highlighted here: https://imgur.com/NIKB5Vn

1 Like

The supercharger in Bloomington, IN is listed on your website as a V3 250 kW but is actually only 150 kW.

That’s an error on Tesla’s website - photos of the equipment, including vehicle screens while charging, have shown that it is 250 kW.

New Supercharger in Berlin, Germany.

SC EUREF Campus

Source: https://youtu.be/iNtftgAKAc0?t=721

1 Like

I visited the construction site at Superior, CO yesterday. There’s 16 charging pedestals (well, just concrete blocks with conduit going to them, no actual charging hardware yet). Currently only 8 chargers are listed for it in your database.

2 Likes

What timing - I just saw the Superior site mentioned on TMC and updated the entry only half an hour before seeing your post!

1 Like

Superchargers going up in Saugatuck, Michigan at the Roan & Black Gallery, appears to be in the construction phase! See pic below.

3315 Blue Star Hwy, Saugatuck, MI 49453

When I’m done eating I’ll get a closer look to see if I can tell how many, etc.

Looking like two stalls, unsure if v2 or v3.

I don’t think those are for superchargers. The conduit and mounting hardware aren’t in the same configuration as is normally seen for superchargers. My guess is that they will be for other brand chargers, probably CCS/CHAdeMO.

1 Like

It looks like Roan and Black got a grant here: https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2020/08/06/egle-awards-17m-for-36-electric-vehicle-charger-stations-to-be-constructed/

As @mociaf9 says it’s likely these are not Tesla superchargers.

1 Like

New Supercharger site in Irvine, CA USA. It’s in the Permitting phase. The address is 14346 Culver Drive, Irvine, CA 92604. I have added more information in the forum. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-irvine-ca-culver-drive-walnut-in-permitting-sep-2020.206552/

1 Like

Supercharger labeled Dahlgren, VA is now under construction at the Sheets. The electrical conduit has been run and the area is fenced off.

2 Likes

Permitted Target Supercharger?

Found this information on the city of Hesperia CA web site. Could this be one of the Target Superchargers? With 16 chargers it does not sound like generic charging station.

City of Hesperia
Permit Activity Report

COM19-00272 9/11/2020 BLDG PERMIT COMM, TENA ISSUE

Address: 12795 MAIN ST

Permit Name: PME 306461124

Description: EV CHARGING POST (16) INITAL + (4) EXPANSION W/ULITLITY

APPLICANT: TARGET CORPORATION

CONTRACTOR: ELECTRIC VEHICLE INFRASTRUCTURES INC

3 Likes

Very likely. That one was on the list Marco discovered a few months ago listing upcoming superchargers at Target stores. Also, together with the station size being indicative, EVI has done a number of supercharger builds for Tesla in CA.

1 Like

Visited the Hesperia Target Tesla supercharger site and it is almost complete!

1 Like